We believe it is important to contribute to the future of our industry by supporting emerging talent with industry-specific professional development. Our mentoring program is designed to provide professional development to students who are interested in furthering their careers in the banking and finance industry.
If you are new to the industry AAFH has a specific mentoring path to help you become established in the hard to break into banking and finance industry. Our program aims to provide mentees to gain lender accreditation and assist them to join either the MFAA or FBAA.
The program also provides participants with:
- – The right business skills to set up his/her broking business covering business and marketing plans
- – Extensive credit knowledge over the period of two years
- – Customer service skills
- – Interview skills
- – Knowledge of the industry standards
- – An understanding of AAFH corporate software system including CRM
- – Risk management knowledge including systems and structures
AAFH also runs a mentoring stream for mentees who are already in the industry that helps them improve their knowledge and standing in the industry.
This stream features:
- – Business building modules to address issues such as optimum business structures and business plan writing
- – Credit knowledge modules to develop credit skills and loan submission quality that covers complex lending structures and SMSF lending
- – Software expertise such as CRM systems for improved customer service and client retention
- – Tips to handle changes in business structures for example taking on board new brokers
The integrated nature of our mentoring program ensures consistent high quality outcomes. Appropriate mentors are allocated for each applicant to ensure the best possible result. Applicants will receive clear instructions on every stage of achievements during the program.
AAFH offers the following structure to help applicants on their career path: